Dedicated July 4, 1924 and purchased by the local Daughters of the American Revolution, Doughboy depicts a WWI soldier. After the Courthouse burned down in 1930, Doughboy was moved to its current location, sitting on the original location of Enid’s U.S. Land Office from the Cherokee Strip Land Run of 1893. Artist Tasso Pitsiri replaced the bayonet in 1991. Doughboy was rededicated in 1994 with four WWI veterans, Burt Richardson, Ben Isaacs, Bill Long, and Ike Crawford, at the dedication. They were all over 90 years of age at the time.